Friday, July 23, 2010

SUPER FUZZ

  The most unusual vehicle to ever wear the NPD silver badge  had to be Super Fuzz. It was a racing buggy that for some reason I had to have. It had a blue light and siren and a terrible paint job.
 This was one of the old style racing buggies, before they got sleek and really fast. Later, we built one of the faster variety which allowed me to drive it off the track and into the fence a lot quicker.
 Pictured is yours truly at the wheel exiting the Sippy Hole after yet another second place finish. We had all second place finishes, which doesn't sound too bad unless you know there were only two buggies in a heat race.
 Riding behind me is Bill Beatty. At the time buggies all carried a co-pilot. In my case he was necessary because the shifter for the automatic transmission was where he sat. He did the shifting. I know, don't ask.
 Bill survived my wild driving and is now the Chief of Police in Wauchula, Florida.
 This is what my new, fancy buggy, which cost thousands of dollars looked like after my last race. We were both glad to be shut of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment